(E2I Training Grant Approved Course, available for Singaporeans and PR at S$210 per pax)
Next Course Date: 29- 30 August 2019
14 SCEM PDUs
Time: 9am - 5pm
Venue: Singapore Sustainability Academy
180 Kitchener Road, Sky Park, Level 6, City Square Mall Singapore 208539
PV systems convert sunlight directly to electricity. It allows a building to save electricity costs from SP PowerGrid and stand out from the crowd, by enhancing its environmental and high-tech appeal. Just a few years ago, PV projects required additional incentive to make them commercially viable. But costs have declined such that projects achieves payback periods below 10 years, yielding attractive internal rates of return (IRR) of 8–12%. This applies to systems that perform properly for 20–25 years, in line with PV module power warranties.
Many aspiring PV systems owners find themselves poorly prepared when requesting system proposals and evaluating offers, it might be difficult to distinguish a good system from a mediocre one. Hence, we have invited an experienced PV industry professional to clear your doubts.
At the end of the programme, participants will:
- Understand the possibilities and limitations of solar PV on buildings
- Understand the economics and payback of PV systems
- Be familiar with the incentive schemes for PV
- Be familiar with the incentive schemes for PV systems
- Understand how to specify and evaluate PV project proposal
- Energy Managers
- Contractors, M&E consultants, academicsand and researchers) employed in Construction, Real Estate Management & Maintenance and Process industries, and work focusing in design, installation, test, commission, inspection and maintenance of photovoltaic systems
- People working in the renewable sector with a passion in solar energy generation
Rates (inclusive of GST)
SEAS Member: $ 650.00
3 participants and above:$ 680.00
Non-Member: $ 700.00
SCEM Special Rate:$ 680.00
Course Fees before funding. E2I Funding available for Singaporeans & PRs at S$210.00 per pax.
Participant's details (including NRIC) and company information are required for submission and verification for training grant claims purposes.
Mr Christophe Inglin has over 18 years of experience in the field of photovoltaics. He is currently the Managing Director of Energetix Pte Ltd. He is also on the council of SEAS as vice-chairman.
Christophe was Managing Director of Phoenix Solar Pte Ltd, one of Singapore’s best respected solar systems integrators. Prior to that, he spent 10 years with Shell Solar Pte Ltd (formerly Siemens Showa Solar), a leading manufacturer of PV cells and
modules. He is an invited trainer for the GreenMark Manager Programme held by the BCA Academy.
Christophe holds a BSc in Electronic and Electrical Engineering from the University of Surrey in England, and an MBA from INSEAD in France.
Registration - Photovoltaics on Buildings
By submitting this form, I agree that the Sustainable Energy Association of Singapore (SEAS), ('organiser') may collect, use and disclose your personal data, as provided in this registration form, for the following purposes:
1. Processing registrations for the event;
2. Administration of the event; and
3. Communication of event information via email, phone, and other relevant modes of communication.
By attending this session, I consent to be photographed and/or videographed by the organiser and its appointed videographer / photographers. Recordings and photographs may be used by SEAS for archival, publicity and communications purposes.