Next Course Date: 7 - 8 November 2019
14 SCEM PDU
Time: 9am - 5pm
Venue: 180 Kitchener Road, #06-10 City Square Mall Singapore 208539; Singapore Sustainability Academy
Contact: +65 - 6338 8578
Pumps take up 20 - 30% in a typical split of energy usage of motor driven equipment for an industrial plant. Commercial buildings, with lower demand for processes, it is between 15 to 20%. The large amounts of energy used for pumping makes pump systems a major candidate for energy savings.
Pumping systems is usually less complicated when compared to process or chiller side optimisation.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the performance characteristics of pumping systems
- Gain an enhanced understanding of a systems versus component approach to optimise the energy efficiency of pumping systems
- Identify performance problems and systems that are most likely to yield energy efficiency savings
- Develop an action plan to achieve energy efficiency improvements
- Integrate continuous energy improvement into the management of pumping systems
- Pump System Optimization / LCC / Pre-screening
- Pump Systems & Process Demands
- Pump Types
- Systems Fluid Relationships
- Fundamental Hydraulics
- Total Head
- System Curves
- Pump Performance Characteristics
- Pump System Energy Use
- PSAT introduction
- PSAT Exercise
- Assessment Introduction
- Organizing the Assessment
- Conducting the Assessment
- Field Data Collection
- Sample Problem - Group Exercise
- Selecting a Pump System Optimization Provider
* Usage of laptop is required for this training.
- Energy Managers
- Facility Managers
Rates (inclusive of GST)
|3 participants and above||S$890.00|
|SCEM Special Rate||S$900.00|
With more than 15 years working experience in system optimisation of chiller, pumps and compressed air systems, Mr. Kumarason S. Kandiah has vast experience in conducting Investment Grade Energy Audits (IGAs), energy efficiency retrofits of chiller plants and feasibility studies at national and international level.
Kumarason has been involved in designing and retrofitting Air Conditioning and Mechanical Ventilation (ACMV), pumps, fans and compressed air systems for commercial and industrial applications. He co-developed a building monitoring system specifically inclined towards improving chiller efficiency that has been operating for more than 10 years at mission critical sites.
Kumarason was a Qualified Energy Services Specialist (QuESS - Singapore) until 2015 and he is also a member of ASHRAE, Board of Engineers Malaysia and Institution of Engineers, Malaysia.
Registration - Understanding Pumps
By submitting this form, I agree that the Sustainable Energy Association of Singapore (SEAS), ('organiser') may collect, use and disclose your personal data, as provided in this registration form, for the following purposes:
1. Processing registrations for the event;
2. Administration of the event; and
3. Communication of event information via email, phone, and other relevant modes of communication.
By attending this session, I consent to be photographed and/or videographed by the organiser and its appointed videographer / photographers. Recordings and photographs may be used by SEAS for archival, publicity and communications purposes.